Mikaia's Owl Scarf Pattern
Many fellow Ravelry crochet buffs should be familiar with the pattern this scarf is based upon, none other than RepeatCrafterMe's Owl Hat pattern.
With G hook and Barely, Chain 5
1. Sc in second chain from hook. And in remaining chains. Ch 1. Turn. (4 sc)
2. Sc in each sc. Ch 1. Turn (4sc)
3. Sc in next 3 sc, inc. Ch 1. Turn. (5 sc)
4. Sc in each sc. Ch 1. Turn. (5 sc)
5-22. Continue in this method until you have 15 sc across.
23-26. Hdc in each stitch across. Ch 2. Turn (15 hdc)
27. Switch to Dusty Purple. Hdc in each stitch across and continue until you
scarf measures 41 inches.
1. Sc in each hdc across.
2. Sc in next 13 sc, decrease. Ch 1. Turn. (14 hdc)
3. Sc in each sc across. Ch 1. Turn (14 hdc)
4. Sc in next 11 sc, decrease. Ch 1. Turn (13 hdc)
5. Sc in each sc across. Ch 1. Turn (13 hdc)
Continue in the method until you have 4 sc across.
Do not fasten off, but using Barley and J hook, create a sc border around scarf switching to dusty purple and then back to Barley as appropriate. Two rows.
Owl eyes and beak.
For eyes use RepeatCrafterMe Owl eyes small using H hook.
For beak use RepeatCrafterMe beak size medium using G hook. But add a sc edge to beak.
Cut 18 strands of each color in desired length for braided tail. Use 3 strands per tail of each color to create braid. For ear tufts cut 8 strands of each color in desired length. Use 2 strands of each color per ear tuft.
Crochet lover. Ghost hunter. Avid chocolate eater. Kitties welcome. Maker of all things art.